Friday, September 5, 2008

Anticipation of a New Season

OK, I'm finally beginning to believe that the Boise weather is truly changing. It always teases the senses this time of year with s touch of chill here and there. The evenings are getting cooler and cooler and the scooter ride to work is beginning to get almost unbearable in shorts. I look out my back door and hope that the weather holds long enough for the tomatoes on the vine in my garden will get just a couple more weeks to ripen and turn their brilliant red.
But truly, all of these things only eat up a little of my attention. Most of my thoughts these days are the upcoming bouldering season. As the giant stone beauties spend the evenings and nights in the cool air, their molecules align for perfect climbing. The feel of my cool tips and the friction on the rock will soon be a reality. It’s training and sending time. I have so many projects and new lines in my head; I can hardly get anything else done. I just want to sit under the boulder and stare up at the sequences, becoming entranced with the potential movements…

1 comment:

Mike McClure said...

Season's not just starting. Many of us have been climbing at reynolds and swan all summer. Car lights, lanterns, head lamps, 3:30am starts. It can be done! Lows in the summer up there are in the 50's and 60's, not perfect but not bad. Kids in Boulder are driving over an hour just to hike for another hour for only a short session, thats 4 hours of travel for a short sess.!!! Kind of makes the 1 hour of freeway and country roads seem like these areas are in Boise's back yard...not to mention the >1 minute approach to 90% of the boulders. Super Psyched there are finally going to be more than 3 climbers out there though.

Can't wait for the Bone Saw Post. Psyched to hear the story behind the send!