Thursday, January 13, 2011

Alex Puccios Latest Blog

Starting off my year with a fun trip!!

I have been in Hueco Tanks with my boyfriend Chris for the past 2 weeks. Before that, we were in Europe for 3 months and December 14th we got back to Boulder and then headed straight to Dallas, Texas for Christmas with the family! Had some really nice holidays and seeing the family was good. I haven't been home for Christmas in over 5 years. But after 2 weeks with the family we were itching to get away and go climbing somewhere warm and fun. So we made the 10 hour drive in a little Red Mini Cooper to Hueco Tanks!!! :)
Hueco has been beautiful! Hueco also seems to be invaded by Aussie's. They are all really cool people and seems to be pulling pretty hard on the rock!
Chris and I went out on Tour the first day to East Spur Mountain. Chris faced the boulder that put him out of climbing for nearly a year, Crown of Aragon, and sent it in style! I managed to get up a really cool problem called El Chupacabra Left, V10. I thought it was pretty good for my first day and since I also feel a bit out of shape. lol
The next few days I was sick and stuck in a hotel room! 4 days of nothing, I just about went crazy!!! After the four days of rest hit the rock again and tried a boulder called El Techo De Los Tres B, V11. Got really close the first day on it but quickly tired so decided to call it quits and come back the next day. The next day the boulder went down on my first attempt, I was pretty happy about it!!!! :)
Now Chris and I are just having some mellow days and hitting the rock again tomorrow. We have been drained and I feel a bit sick again. :(
We are in Hueco till the 16th or 17th and then have a 10 hour drive to Dallas, stay in Dallas for a day and then head to Boulder the next day which is a 12 hour drive. Then finally head to SLC for the OR show the following day which is a 8 hour drive. Going to be a rough 3 days!!! Well, hope everyone had a great Christmas and that their starting off their year right!!! :)

Cheers Everyone!

No comments: